Tuesday 24 September 2013

Scrapbooking

I started scrapbooking after I saw beautiful scrapbooking supplies at a store called Made with Love at Plaza Singapura, and I got very inspired to create my own scrapbooks. These scrapbooks are done in my own free time. I made scrapbooks (in reality, its one piece of paper, not a whole book) for my friends on their birthdays, and also for the animes which I enjoyed watching a lot. It is very relaxing and enjoyable to plan the design and layout of the materials, before sticking them on. The materials include stickers, buttons, ribbons, photographs, printed papers, etc. Everything is designed by myself, nothing was bought pre-made.

Here is a scrapbook I did for my friend last year in June. Its her birthday card. Size is the the square of an A3 drawing block.

Here is a scrapbook I did for one of my favourite animes. This was done last year in December. Size is the square of an A3 drawing block. I like to document my favourite animes in scrapbook format, as I think it gives the anime a fun twist. The designs and stickers I use are determined by the feelings I get from the anime.

Close up of blue and purple gems. I had to design them and paste them in this order myself, as they came in rows.

Close up of the space dedicated to Takuto, a character in the anime.

Close up of the space dedicated to Mitsuki, a character in the anime.

Close up of right corner. The peach coloured balls are crushed paper resembling flowers (effect can be seen from far)

In the past, I never bothered much with design and arrangement. After I started scrapbooking, I realised how important layout, planning and design is. I learnt some skills from scrapbooking that I applied to AEP. For example, I plan out my paintings now, and make sure that it is balanced. In the past, I never bothered about being balanced. Thus I feel that picking up this hobby has helped me in this area.

2 comments:

  1. HELLOOOOO bobbleheadd!!

    I love scrapbooks too! The card you made for Ruixuan last year is very nice! i love it! I like how you arranged the accessories, making the card so attractive. I like the idea of scrapbooking because I like how the different photographs, stickers, ribbons are being arranged. Moreover, I feel the birthday card( scrapbook style) is filled with a lot of love and sincerely. Scrapbooking is not very easy, in my point of view, because one would have to get the supplies and has to design the card from scratch. How long did you take to do each scrapbook? I want to try scrapbooking after EOY:)
    I feel that for your anime scrapbook, perhaps, you can use colored and bigger images! Ur scrapbook will look more attractive i think! Moreover, I think you can consider overlapping the images so that the composition of the card will be more creative.
    As a whole, from your post, I learnt quite a bit:P I always see people buying scrapbook supplies but not making them. It is really interesting how you crushed papers to create paper flowers!
    I do agree that scrapbooking can teach us to be pay attention to small details like layout. Being balanced while one is doing scrapbooking is very important too!

    Lets do scrapbooking together~:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello hello~ ^_^ Saw the Full Moon wo Sagashite scrapbook thing, very nice~! ^o^ So artistic, I don't think I can even do half that nice...O.o Hehe~ :P Not too sure on how to comment on art, so I'll just talk about Full Moon? XD P.S Um, how do you get the decorations for your scrapbook? I can't find them anywhere...are there particular shops that you can find these items? :P

    ReplyDelete