Tuesday 24 September 2013

Anime Drawings

I like anime very much, especially Pokemon, so I have been drawing a lot of anime and Pokemon in my spare time. All these are done in my own spare time.

These are 3 drawings from an anime titled Gakuen Alice. I drew them last year for my LA SIA project, which had anime as a theme. However, the drawings were not needed in the end. These were done at the beginning of last year, and this is one of my first attempts at drawing anime. The medium is one 2B pencil, and the characters are quite easy to draw. I did not touch up on the 2 girls, I only touched up by outlining and darkening certain areas for the 2 guys.

Gakuen Alice





This is a drawing of a musician from an anime titled La Corda D’Oro. This was done somewhere near the end of last year. The medium is one 2B pencil. From my previous experiences of drawing anime, I found out that I am not very good at drawing human faces. Since this was done purely out of interest , I left out the face of the character.

La Corda D'Oro




These are 2 drawings from an anime titled Pokemon. This was done very recently of about a month ago. The artworks that I do that are purely out of interest are always drawings with a pencil. However, I decided to add some colour to the Pokemon this time round, so I used my preferred coloured medium, watercolour. Here are the Pokemon with and without colour.

Pokemon





Drawing cartoons and anime may look easy, but it is not. I found out that proportion relevant to the cartoon is extremely important in cartoons, as if the proportion is off, no one will be able to recognise the cartoon you drew. On the other hand, nature is very flexible, so if the proportion is a little off for nature like animals, people and scenes, it is fine. Drawing anime and cartoon has sharpened my portion skills, and I am now able to draw something faster and more accurate, since I have understood proportion better.

No comments:

Post a Comment