Tuesday 24 September 2013

Painted Hummingbird

I painted this hummingbird because it reminded me of someone. I was 14 when I painted this, and this was done in my own spare time. I have a book on animal photography, so I copied the hummingbird from the book onto a piece of normal drawing block with a 2B pencil. Next, I filled it in with acrylic paints. I am quite bad at using acrylic painting, so another reason why I painted this hummingbird was to practice my acrylic painting skills. I am quite pleased with the result.


Sorry for the bad quality, this photo was stored in my old phone, and it does not have a cable to connect to the computer, so I had to use my current phone to take the photos off the screen of my old phone.

Comparison of hummingbird beside original photograph

No comments:

Post a Comment